Microsoft has announced that their Edge browser exclusively supports a new enhancement called Clarity Boost for their Xbox Cloud Gaming service. The news post read, “This feature uses a set of client-side scaling improvements to improve the visual quality of the video stream.” The feature isn’t quite available for everyone, including me, but Microsoft says that it will be available for everyone by the end of 2021.
They’ve also shared a comparison screenshot.
How to Try it:
- Download Microsoft Edge Canary
- To confirm you are in Microsoft Edge Canary, navigate to edge://settings/help to make sure you are on version 96.0.1033.0 or later.
- To enable Clarity Boost, go to www.xbox.com/play, login, and start a game
- Open the more actions (…) menu
- Select Enable Clarity Boost option.