Stadia has three unique features that attempt to make it stand out: Crowd Choice, Crowd Play, and State Share. Let’s discuss each.
Crowd Choice & Crowd Play
Stream Stadia to YouTube to enable Crowd Choice and Crowd Play. Only specific games support each feature.
- Enable Crowd Choice to allow live-stream viewers to vote on questions.
- The questions and when they are presented are pre-determined by the game.
- Currently, only Baldur’s Gate 3 and Dead by Daylight support Crowd Choice.
- Invite live-stream viewers to join your game.
- Currently, Crowd Play is supported by: Crayta, Mortal Kombat 11, Borderlands 3, Super Bomberman R Online, Dead by Daylight, Outcasters, and Samurai Shodown
- State Share allows you to share game scenarios, or, as Google describes it, “capture a playable slice of a game”.
- You must own a game (or have access to it for free on Stadia Pro) to play a State Share.
- Currently, State Share is available for only the Hitman Trilogy. Play a State Share scenario with each game, courtesy of Google, below: